As the coronavirus pandemic remains, social distancing is key to helping stop the spread of the virus. However, with all this social distancing, cabin fever can set-in and finding ways to be productive and entertain yourself can be a challenge. Here are some tips/activities to help keep you and your family occupied during this time.
- This is a perfect time do get simple household chores done
- Since spring just started, now is a great time to begin that extensive spring cleaning
- Get bigger home projects done. You can find a list here.
- Teach yourself something new, maybe something you’ve always wanted to learn (Maybe a new language!)
- Take this time to of course relax and enjoy yourself and time with your family
For the kids:
- First and most important is, unfortunately, their homework!
- Of course, make sure they stick to their normal school-related routine
- Getting outside plenty to enjoy this warmer weather and to maintain some exercise
- Let kids be kids! If they want to build pillow forts, play games, or just simply watch tv, etc. then let them! (After their homework of course!)
For the whole family:
- There are so many things your whole family can enjoy together such as the obvious watching movies, playing games, storytelling, or maybe even trying some cooking/baking recipes together.
- If your area permits it, go for a walk together or just get outside now that the weather is nicer
- There are dozens of different virtual tours your family can take right from your living room!
- National parks
- Zoo’s / Aquariums
- Great Wall of China
- Even a virtual tour of Mars
Lastly, remember your social distancing and stay at home or away from others in public unless necessary. Clean and sanitize your area/surroundings often and always thoroughly wash your hands with soap and warm water!