Spring is here and that means it is time to do some Spring Cleaning. Here are a couple of hacks to get your home out of winter mode and looking great!
- Set aside a couple of days to clean.
- Make sure you have all your supplies ready. You do not want to start and have to stop to run to the store
- Get rid of unwanted items and if in good condition, donate them to a local charitable organization.
Windows(inside and out)
- Mix ½ Gallon of Warm water with a tablespoon of dishwashing liquid and 2-3 tablespoons of laundry detergent. First spray your windows with water (spray bottle for inside, hose for outside). Next, brush the mixture on your windows. Spray again and they will be sparkly clean!
- For hard water, stains rub with half a lemon. Let sit and wipe clean. A second option is to create a mixture of 1 part vinegar to 2 parts salt. Rub on hard water stains and watch them come right out!
- To clean your toilet without the hassle scrubbing, add some Coca-Cola and let it sit. The carbonation in the soda will help give it a shine!
- Discard old cosmetics and beauty products.
- Create a mixture of 1 part water and 1 part white vinegar. Get an old sock and slip it over your hand. Dip in the mixture and wipe blinds clean!
Walls, Door Frames, and Trim
- Wipe down your floorboards, trim, and door frames with a dryer sheet after a good scrubbing. This will keep them clean longer.
- To clean a dirty stovetop, add hydrogen peroxide slowly to a half cup of baking soda until it forms a slightly runny paste. Pour some paste on the stubborn spots and scrub away. For trickier spots, pour the mixture on it and let it sit for ten minutes.
- For the stinky garbage disposal, run some lemon peels and ice down it. It will clean it up and get rid of that stinky smell!
- To defrost your freezer, create a solution of 2t. baking soda and 1 qt of hot water to rinse over the ice.
- Rotate mattress and replace with warm weather bedding
- Clean pillows (most pillows can be machined washed. Check the tag)
- Slide an old pillowcase over a blade. When you remove, all the dust will collect in the pillowcase instead of filling the room.
Hopefully, these tips will have your home looking great for spring!