Social Distancing has lead to many changes in our communities including how businesses are conducting day to day operations. Some changes include allowing employees to telecommute, having limited staff, and changing hours. If you are implementing changes with your business’s operations, you should contact your insurance agent and confirm your new business activities are covered under your current policy. You do not want to start a new enterprise and find out that your insurance policy does not cover it.
Here are some things to consider
- Have you recently changed the product or service you were providing?
- Have you changed your hours of business?
- Have you increased your radius of operations?
- Have you added employees or payroll?
- Do you have enough coverage for your inventory?
These are just a few questions you need to ask yourself. A simple call to your insurance agent will allow them to check your policy and make any necessary changes to update coverage for you and your employees. Protect your business, stay well, and be safe!