Tis the season! Are you planning on Black Friday shopping this year? Of course you are! But before you go, I’d like to share some safety tips to make this big time a more fun and secure way to go.
- First, when it comes to money, try to get your cash out at your bank or atm a day or two prior to the trip. The more crowded those areas can be, the easier target you can become for thieves or pickpockets.
- Second, if possible, take someone with you. This is the busiest shopping day of the entire year and when you’re alone, it can be dangerous to be in such large crowds trying to maneuver all the tasks you have planned.
- Third, always be aware of where your purse and wallet are at all times. If you have to put your purse in a shopping cart, buckle with the child belt so it would be harder for someone to try to swipe from the cart.
- Next, When leaving the store, try to have your keys in hand to make access to entering your car much quicker.
- Last, avoid talking on your cell phone when walking through the parking lot. This can help you be more aware of your surroundings in case someone may be on the lookout for an unsuspecting target of theft or harm.
I hope you keep these tips in mind for a very fun and memorable shopping trip!! The holidays are just right around the corner and I hope you all have the very best!